dB Dawg 8001, 8002 or 8003 silencer insert with two set screw holes
Custom allen key
Two 5/8" allen screws.
Check to see that all the parts are available for installation. Put the 2 allen screws into the sides of the insert by hand. Make sure that the opening where the allen key will fit is facing into the center of the silencer.
With the allen key, turn the screws towards the center of the dB Dawg until the insert can be placed into the end of your exhaust pipe easily.
Once inserted, make sure that the silencer insert is flush against the end of the exhaust opening - otherwise it will not work properly. **If you have a Honda, you may need to turn the insert 90° for it to sit completely flush.
Tighten both screws with the allen key until the screws are firmly against the side of the exhaust opening wall. You should not be able to remove the insert by hand - this will ensure that it won't become dislodged while riding.
Follow instructions above for stock insert installation. Supplement to these instructions for the 8031 Click Here.
- In most cases, you will need to remove the silencer end cap
- Insert the dB Dawg into the recess where the spark arrestor would normally sit; make sure it is flush against the opening.
- Follow steps 1-4 of the Stock Insert Installation Instructions above.
- Replace and tighten silencer end cap.
Caution - Read this section completely
- Silencer insert can become extremely hot after long periods of use - DO NOT TOUCH!
- Silencer insert may change color due to heat - color is for sizing only!
- As with any exhaust change - you must check your jetting as your vehicle may run richer.
- You may need to adjust your fuel screw to ensure that you have the correct fuel mixture.
- Proper muffler packing and bike maintenance are required to help maintain lowered decibel readings.
- Ignition Racing or Hyde Racing will not be held responsible for lost/stolen silencers or any injuries resulting from dislodged inserts due to improper installation or maintenance.
Questions? Call Jay @ 763-263-9835 or E-mail firstname.lastname@example.org