- Cut hand grips to expose bar hole **If necessary, loosen the throttle housing, slide it away from the bar and off the end. Loosen the bar controls to move them also.
- Tap the handlebar ends for threaded inserts using WD-40 or equivalent for a lubricant, run a 5/8" x 11" tap in the end of your aluminum bar 1-1/8". KEEP TAP CENTERED. If tap binds, back it out, blow out the shavings every half turn and continue to 1-1/8" into the bar end.
- Screw in the threaded insert until recessed just inside the bar 1/32" with an 8 mm hex wrench until snug, dab of Loctite® is OK.
CAUTION over tightening could swell the throttle diameter irreversibly.
- Align clamp with bar and attach other side of clamp.
**Due to the wide variety of bar ends available, the clamp may not fit flush on certain handle bars. Protect the bar with a soft cloth preventing the bar from touching the vice. Bend bar into position and check until clamp fits correctly.
**NOTE: While tightening the clamp, it will also pull the hand guard bar towards the handle bar.
- Move hand guard to the required height.
- Tighten up bar clamp, torque the top and bottom of the clamp evenly and in sequence.
- Hold shield against bar and locate the best position for fitment.
- Hold shield firmly and mark hole position on bar, on the back of the shield.
- Install your hand guard shield with bolt and washer.
- Tighten bar end and go crash your brains out.
Questions? Call Jay @ 763-263-9835 or E-mail email@example.com